Zen Cart® truly is the art of e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software. The ecommerce web site design program is developed by a group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants that think ecommerce web design could be, and should be, done differently.
Zen Cart® is Free Open Source software. It is licensed under GPL2, meaning you are free to modify the source code in whatever ways your application requires.
Zen Cart® is ready to run immediately. You can start accepting payments immediately.
Just create your products and go!
With many popular payment gateways built-in, you can start accepting payment immediately. And if you need to integrate a custom module, there are hundreds of community-contributed payment modules to select from, or from which to build your own.
Works with any* hosting company
You may install the software on any hosting service you prefer &emdash; Zen Cart® will run on servers with relatively simple requirements of PHP, Apache, MySQL.
Use your own domain name
Your website will be at whatever domain you choose. You will create and configure your domain with your hosting company.
Open Source Sponsors
Zen Cart® is grateful for the support of vendors who have graciously provided software and services to empower the ongoing development of Open Source projects.
Zen Cart Features
- Easily keep your products/catalog updated - no HTML coding required to add, delete, or modify products.
- Works on the popular combination of PHP and MySQL technologies.
- Secure - no one but your administrative personnel can access your customer/catalog data.
- Easy to install - our helpful installation program guides you easily through the setup process.
- Quantity discounts can be configured per-product for varying pricing levels or quantity levels.
- Product attributes can be added, either as radio buttons, checkboxes, drop-down lists, text boxes, file uploads, file downloads, and more. Attribute options can upcharge the price of an item, and an item can have its price completely controlled by attributes. Attributes can be configured as read only so as to provide a features list.